Boston Harbor Boat Rentals' Guidelines For A Safe, Fun, and Memorable Boating Adventure!
TIME OF DELIVERY:
- Please have driver's license ready and your credit card or cash for your damage deposit.
- Complete watercraft inspection checklist. We will be orienting you with the watercraft at this time.
- Life jackets will be provided for each rider. Try them on to ensure a proper fit.
- Complete, sign, and return the rental agreement.
- Inspect the watercraft one last time, you are responsible for any damage incurred while renting the watercraft.
- Verify that you have a copy of the rental contract, liability waiver, and safety certificate (if applicable).
- If renting a trailer also, secure the watercraft, trailer, and hitch before departing.
- Verify that you have enough gas in the watercraft to make it to your next stop. This should also be noted on the inspection sheet.
- Return all items used for the trip. This includes the watercraft, life jackets, key and lanyard, any and all safety equipment. You are responsible for lost items and will be charged accordingly.
- Report any problems encountered or damage that occurred while the watercraft was in your possession.
- Review the watercraft and trailer (if applicable) with the Boston Harbor Boat Rentals, LLC representative. Final signoff on damage report will happen at this time. Keep this report, it will protect you should any damage claims be made against you.
- Leave e-mail address with Boston Harbor Boat Rentals, LLC for valuable RETURN RENTER discounts.
ON THE WATER!
- Boats must not be started or running in less than 2 feet of water.
- Pay attention to all traffic on the water. As these watercraft will be the most maneuverable on the water, it will be your responsibility to yield the right of way to all other watercraft.
- Watercraft should not be running if there is anyone in the water in the immediate vicinity! Severe injury can occur in a very short time.
- Generally, the "rules of the road" on the water is similar to those on land. Oncoming traffic should be passed on the right, do not cut across another boats bow. When passing traffic going in the same direction, pass to the left, leaving as much space as possible between watercraft. A safe rule of thumb is 200 feet between watercraft.
- When leaving the watercraft unattended (beaching the watercraft at your favorite sandbar, for example), remove the key and lanyard from the watercraft and keep it with you. You will be responsible for lost or stolen watercraft while in your possession.
- Anchoring or mooring of the watercraft is the responsibility of the renter. Damage can occur from the craft rubbing against another boat or a dock, shallow water or shore.
Boston Harbor Boat Rentals, LLC is a stong advocate of watercraft safety, and work closely with local authorities to ensure safety on the water. Operation of all watercraft is monitored by the Massachusetts Environmental Police, United States Coast Guard, Massachusetts State Police, Boston Harbormaster, and the Sheriff's department. Please be aware of all pertinent laws regarding safe operation of the watercraft. All boating safety issues are available to read at The Handbook of Massachusetts Boating Laws. http://www.boat-ed.com/ma/handbook/
- A 20% nonrefundable deposit MAY BE required before any craft will be reserved for you. This deposit will be credited to the rental fee at the time of registration.
- A 6.25% Commonwealth of Massachusetts Use Tax will be collected for each rental.
- Payment in full is required before start of reserved rental period.
- A damage deposit is required prior to departure. All damage deposit must be made on a pre-authorized card or cash deposit at time of rental. This deposit will be refunded 100% when the craft is returned undamaged excepting normal wear and tear.
- Rental Fee is due prior to boarding. Visa, MasterCard, cash, check (must clear prior to departure) or money order accepted. No checks accepted at time of boarding. Any and all collection fees, except normal processing fees, shall be the responsibility of the renter and will be billed to your credit card.
- Cancellations outside of 7 days are eligible for full refund.
- Cancellations between 2 and 7 days are eligible for the same refund ONLY if we are able to fill the reservation. If not, the deposit is forfeited.
- Cancellation less than 2 days out receive NO REFUND.
- No refunds for loss of use due to damage to boat or motor caused by renter.
Miscellaneous fees and charges
- All delivery locations must have launch facilities.
- If a craft is returned late the agreed return time a fee of $50 for each half hour will apply. If the craft is returned 1 hour or more late, each additional hour will incur a late fee of $100.
- Any towing or rescue caused by the renter's negligence will be performed at $150/hr.
- Renter is responsible for any and all damage to craft, motor or equipment.
- Boston Harbor Boat Rentals, LLC offers NO insurance for damage to the machines. You may be covered under your homeowners insurance policy. Please check with your insurance agent about adding a rental damage rider to your homeowners policy if you are not already covered.